The Alcohol Education Course aims to reduce alcohol-fuelled crime and the risk to individuals and the wider community.
Offenders receive a conditional caution, having been arrested and detained for one of the following offences:
- Drunk and Disorderly (Section 91 Criminal Justice Act 1967, Code DA06)
- Drunk in the Highway (Section 12 of the Licensing Act 1872, Code DB05)
- Section 5 Public Order Act with Alcohol Involvement (Section 5 Public Order Act 1986, Code (DA04)
- Section 4 Public Order Act with Alcohol Involvement (Section 4 Public Order Act 1986)
- Drunk and incapable
Offered as an alternative to prosecution, court attendance and/or fine, the police-referred scheme covers a number of subjects relating to alcohol, the impact that alcohol has on behaviour, and common consequences of excessive alcohol consumption.
The course is designed to help offenders make more informed decisions, as well as develop personal strategies to prevent re-offending.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Up to 12 participants
- Price dependent on police force area
- Online Virtual Classroom interactive course
- We deliver the scheme in Gwent, North Wales, South Wales
Find out how TTC's Alcohol Education Course supports the NPCC two-tier national strategy. The Alcohol Education Course has been developed to be simple to implement, using a tried and tested delivery model.
Established Alcohol Education Course referral templates supplied to each subscribing Force, reducing the administrative burden of referring Out of Court Disposals.
Reasons to attend
No criminal record. This course is an alternative to prosecution.
Online course delivery, from the safety of your own home.
Flexible course dates and start times to meet your individual needs
Flexible course payments
Their presentation was superb, clearly spoken with encouragement to provoke responses from the audience. The content detail reflected the breadth of experiences they brought to the course.
Does your Force area offer an Alcohol Education Course?
Find out how TTC can support your local Police Force through our Out of Court Disposals (OOCD) and how our Alcohol Education Course can help to reduce reoffending rates.
Understand how alcohol effects behaviour.
Recognise the potential risks to themselves and others in alcohol-related situations.
Gain an increased understanding of how much alcohol is contained within different drinks.
Be able to identify and better manage risks associated with alcohol consumption in social and public settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should attend
Anyone issued with a Penalty Notice for Disorder and offered the scheme at the discretion of the police.
- Delivery method
The interactive workshop is relaxed and informative and facilitated by a licenced trainer. There is no police involvement.
- Course requirements
You must arrive 15 minutes early for registration. Late arrivals will be refused entry and their case may be referred back to the police.
You must bring photo identification, such as a valid passport, on each day of the course.
If you do not have photographic ID, you must bring along with you two other forms of identification such as a recent utility bill, bank statement and/or debit/credit card.
Failure to produce such identification will result in your exclusion from the course.
This is a theory-only, classroom-based course with no test.
Terms and conditions
This is a quick glance of the course requirements. For more details, refer to our Terms & Conditions.
- Fees incurred to alter booking
Yes, providing there is sufficient time within the deadline given by the police. You can change the time, date and venue of the course once you have booked. However, there is a charge incurred for changing your booking (see below) which is outlined in our terms and conditions. If you wish to alter/cancel your course date and time within:
- 14 days of your original booking date, it is free of charge to alter/full course fee refunded if cancelled.
- From 15 days after your booking but 8 days before your course date, there is a £10 rearrangement/cancellation fee.
- 7 days before your course, up to and including the course date, there is a £20 rearrangement/cancellation fee.
- If you fail to attend your course and wish to book another, a £20 rearrangement fee will be required.
In the event of you being unable to attend or complete a course due to illness, a rearrangement fee will be applicable. This may be refunded upon receipt of a medical certificate and after review by us.