Permanent full-time role at Telford HQ
We are looking for a Bid Executive to join our existing and highly successful Bid & Proposal Team, to play a key role in the completion of a range of diverse business proposals and tender responses, continuing to grow our business in both current and new markets.
The Bid Executive will assist the Business Development Manager to complete formal tender processes in order to win new business and retain existing contracts within public and private sectors. Our winning bid strategy has seen the organisation grow year on year. We are looking to appoint an experienced Bid Executive to join our established team and to support our growth ambitions.
Our 3 core business areas requiring bid proposal writing services are:
- National Driver Offender Retraining Scheme (police force contracts)
- Cycle training services / Bikeability (Local authority contracts)
- Managing workplace road safety / driver training (private/corporate clients)
As well as creating competitive tender content, other duties will include:
- Proactively identify new opportunities
- Communicate with stakeholders throughout the business
- Administer procurement site registrations
- Maintain a library of technical and commercial responses
What we do
We are the UK’s leading provider of Road Safety schemes for 26 years, delivering road safety training to over 500,000 road users annually. Our training services extend to other vulnerable road users, delivering nationally approved cycling and walking training services for all ages.
We work in partnership with the Police and Local Authorities, delivering police-referred driver training courses as an alternative to drivers attending court, and court-referred drink drive rehabilitation courses which can reduce the amount of time an offender is banned from driving.
Our Fleet and Driver Risk Management services help to support businesses improve driver safety, reduce collision rates, injury and meet compliance. Having significantly invested in this area of business, we are committed to securing more contracts with large commercial groups and their driver fleet.
Minimum 1 years bid proposal writing experience, with proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposal documents within a complex business environment. The applicant will be experienced in attending proposal kick-off meetings, participating in business process mapping sessions, attending proposal review and final document review meetings, managing document governance / sign off, document production, and delivery of the completed proposal.
Strong written, communication and time management skills are essential, along with thorough working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent personal organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting tasks and deadlines in a calm and methodical manner
- Able to understand, interpret and implement best practice / regulatory standards
- Able to interpret complex information and tailor this to an audience
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write clear, compelling content for professional tender proposals
- Ability to develop and sustain professional working relationships
- Able to demonstrate initiative and to create innovative, effective solutions to business needs
- Update and maintain an accurate Tender Library
What we offer and how to apply
Salary: £22,000 to £26,000 per annum (based on relevant experience).
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, although you will understand the requirement to be able to work flexibly at key times.
Location: based in Telford
Benefits: Health Cash Plan, Death in Service benefit, paid day off for your Birthday, Pension scheme. Paid Volunteering scheme.
Closing date: 31st January 2020
Apply online now by uploading your CV:
Please note: This post is subject to a Non Police Personnel Vetting NPPV this is to provide a means of ensuring that any persons (other than police officers and police staff) having physical or remote access to Constabulary information have been assessed as to their reliability and integrity and therefore suitability for clearance.
TTC Group is committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.