Balance Bike Instructors
Contract for self-employed services
As part of our ongoing growth plan, we are seeking a number of enthusiastic freelance Instructor Trainers to deliver balance bike training courses to teachers, sports coaches and Bikeability instructors.
What we do
Balanceability is the UK’s first and only afPE Approved learn to cycle programme. It helps teach children aged 2 ½ and upwards how to master all aspects of static and active balance. Using a balance bike – which is a lightweight child’s bike with no pedals or stabilisers – children are taught to scoot and propel themselves on the bike through a series of outcomes.
As a Balanceability Instructor trainer you would be delivering a 7-hour training day to 12-14 adults from Teachers to Bikeability instructors. The courses compromise of theory and practical elements, which also incorporates groups of children aged between 2.5 to 7 years old. You will need experience of working with young children and adults. The course is designed to impart the theory and practice of Balanceability to attendees, and to increase attendee’s teaching skills and confidence, enabling them to deliver Balanceability to groups of children.
The training days are 7 hours, with 30 minutes each side for setting up, plus a maximum of 3 hours admin time. There is also a considerable amount of travelling involved with this role as we rarely run courses in the same location twice.
The frequency of work is varied, and we rarely run courses on weekends or during the school holidays.
There is also an opportunity to run taster sessions and attend events on our behalf.
Please note: You will also need a storage space to keep the balance bikes and equipment.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Must have a full driving licence which does not contain any more than 6 penalty points and use of your own car.
- Must have access to Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance cover, £5 million for each.
- At least one year’s experience of delivering learning or training in a one-to-one or one to-many setting
- Must be enthusiastic and capable of developing positive rapport with groups of people within a classroom environment and to a variety of ages, including young children.
- Must possess IT skills sufficient to use Power Point and data entry into Excel.
- Must have access to a laptop that can be taken to training locations.
- Must have a current DBS, Safeguarding certificate and first aid certificate or willing to obtain one through TTC
- Must be willing/able to lift equipment in and out of cars.
- Must be able to complete reports in a professional and timely fashion
Desired skills and qualifications
- Have an interest or background in cycling or sports
- Have an interest in Early Years/ Physical Literacy
- Qualification in Training/Assessing/Teaching/Sports coaching
To become one of our qualified Balanceability Instructor trainer, you will be required to complete two 8-hour training days plus admin. Location tbc.
The training day is paid at £120 for the 8 hour day.
Taster sessions and events are paid at £15ph.
- Admin/report £30
- Travel time – None
- Subsistence- None
- Mileage – 20p per mile
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post HR Department, TTC Group, Hadley Park East, Telford, TF1 6QJ.